Top 5 Must-Play Mobile Games with Controller Support for Android
Table of Contents
- Why Use a Controller with Android Games?
- Top 5 Android Games with Controller Support
- Gaming Genre explained
- Call of Duty Mobile
- PUBG Mobile
- GRID Autosport
- The Elder Scrolls: Blades
- Controller Options for Android Gaming
Android mobile gaming has come a long way over the years. It’s not just about tapping on screens anymore. Now, you can enhance your gaming experience by using controllers. This post will guide you through some of the top Android mobile games that offer controller support, providing an immersive console-like experience on your smartphone.
2. Why Use a Controller with Android Games?
Game controllers can drastically enhance the gameplay experience for certain games. They offer better precision, grip, and tactile feedback than touch controls. They can be particularly useful in games where you need quick response times or complex multi-button inputs, such as shooters, racing games, and RPGs. GamesRadar offers a great guide on why a controller can make or break your gaming experience.
3. Top 5 Android Games with Controller Support
Here we will delve into some of the top Android games that offer controller support, providing an immersive console-like experience on your smartphone. These games fall under different categories, such as FPS (First Person Shooter), Sandbox, Battle Royale, Racing, and RPG (Role-Playing Game).
For each game, we’ve gathered more player reviews to provide you with a comprehensive understanding of the positive and negative aspects of each game.
3.0 Gaming Genres Explained
Gaming genres categorize games based on their gameplay interaction rather than visual or narrative differences. Understanding these genres can help gamers select games that align with their preferences.
3.0.1. FPS (First Person Shooter)
First-Person Shooter (FPS) games are a type of 3D shooter game viewed from a first-person perspective. In these games, players experience the action through the eyes of the protagonist. FPS games typically involve navigating a map or arena and combating against other players or computer-controlled characters using various weapons.
One of the main draws of FPS games is the immersive experience they provide. When you play an FPS, you see exactly what your character sees, giving you a front-row seat to the action. Examples of popular FPS games include Call of Duty, Battlefield, and Doom.
Sandbox games, also known as open-world or free-roaming games, provide players with large, open environments to explore freely. These games often lack structured gameplay progression and instead encourage players to engage in various activities and missions available throughout the expansive game world.
In sandbox games, players often have the freedom to modify the game world, build structures, or create their own gameplay scenarios. This high level of freedom appeals to players who enjoy creativity and exploration. Minecraft and Grand Theft Auto are classic examples of sandbox games.
3.0.3. Battle Royale
Battle Royale games are a sub-genre of action games that blend survival, exploration, and scavenging elements with last-man-standing gameplay. These games involve numerous players, who start with minimal equipment and must eliminate all other opponents while avoiding being trapped outside of a shrinking safe area.
The appeal of Battle Royale games lies in their competitive nature, requiring strategic thinking, quick reflexes, and effective teamwork. Popular games in this genre include Fortnite, PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds), and Apex Legends.
Racing games simulate the experience of driving vehicles for racing. They often involve competing against other racers to achieve objectives within a set amount of time or to reach the finish line first. These games test players’ reflexes, precision, and control, offering various types of races, vehicles, and environments.
Racing games can range from realistic simulations like Forza Motorsport and GRID Autosport, to more arcade-style racers like Mario Kart.
3.0.5. RPG (Role-Playing Games)
Role-Playing Games (RPGs) involve players assuming the roles of characters in a fictional setting. These games often involve narrative-driven experiences where players’ decisions can affect character development and story progression.
In RPGs, characters often have various attributes such as skills, stats, and abilities, which can be improved over time. The appeal of RPGs lies in their immersive worlds, complex narratives, and deep character progression. Examples of RPG games include The Elder Scrolls series, Final Fantasy series, and The Witcher series.
Each of these genres offers a distinct gaming experience, appealing to a wide range of player preferences and playstyles. So whether you enjoy the competitive intensity of FPS and Battle Royale games, the creative freedom of Sandbox games, the adrenaline rush of Racing games, or the immersive narratives of RPGs, there’s a game genre out there for you.
3.1. Call of Duty Mobile (FPS)
Call of Duty Mobile brings the adrenaline rush of the popular FPS franchise to the palm of your hand. With multiple game modes like Team Deathmatch, Battle Royale, and Zombie Mode, the game offers a plethora of combat scenarios. The addition of controller support truly replicates the console gaming experience and is particularly beneficial in competitive scenes where precise aiming and quick movements are vital.
- “Call of Duty: Mobile is a masterpiece! The controller support is flawless, and the gameplay is addictive. The graphics and sound effects are top-notch.”
- “Finally, a mobile game that lets me play with a controller! The controls are smooth, and the action feels just like playing on a console.”
- “This game exceeded my expectations. The battle royale mode is fantastic, and the controller integration makes it even more immersive.”
- “The attention to detail in Call of Duty: Mobile is incredible. From the weapon selection to the map design, everything is well-crafted. Controller support is a game-changer.”
- “I can’t believe how well this game runs on my Android device with a controller. The multiplayer matches are intense, and the customization options are impressive.”
- “I encountered occasional lag while playing with a controller. It can be frustrating, especially during crucial moments in the game.”
- “The game’s matchmaking system could use some improvements. It’s not always balanced, leading to uneven matches.”
- “The download size is quite large, so make sure you have enough storage space on your device.”
- “I wish there were more controller customization options available. It would be great to have more control over button layout and sensitivity.”
- “I experienced a few crashes during gameplay. Hopefully, the developers can address these issues in future updates.”
3.2. Minecraft (Sandbox)
Minecraft is an open-world game that offers a platform for endless creativity. With its pixelated graphics and survival elements, players can build and explore their unique worlds. Controller support makes navigation and building much smoother, allowing for more complex constructions.
- “The ability to use a controller enhances the gameplay a lot. It makes building and mining much easier and more precise.”
- “The endless creativity this game offers is amazing. With controller support, it feels just like the console version.”
- “Some updates have caused stability issues.”
- “There are occasional connectivity issues, especially on multiplayer servers.”
3.3. PUBG Mobile (Battle Royale)
Enter the thrilling world of PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, now optimized for mobile devices and featuring controller support. Engage in heart-pounding battles, fight for survival, and strive to be the last person standing in the iconic battle royale gameplay. With stunning graphics, realistic gunplay, and intense multiplayer action, PUBG Mobile offers an immersive experience on Android. Take control with your preferred controller and prepare for a great adventure in this highly popular mobile game.
- “PUBG Mobile is simply amazing! The controller support is fantastic, and the gameplay is addictive. The graphics and map design are top-notch.”
- “Finally, a mobile game that brings the PUBG experience with controller support. The controls feel responsive and accurate, allowing for precise aiming and movement.”
- “This game keeps getting better! The battle royale matches are intense, and the controller integration makes it even more immersive.”
- “The attention to detail in PUBG Mobile is outstanding. From the realistic weapon mechanics to the vast open-world environments, it’s an absolute blast to play.”
- “Playing PUBG Mobile with a controller is a game-changer. The battles feel intense, and the teamwork required adds a new level of excitement.”
- “I experienced occasional lag spikes while playing with a controller. It can be frustrating, especially during critical moments in the game.”
- “The matchmaking system could use some improvements. It’s not always balanced, leading to unbalanced matches.”
- “The game’s file size is quite large, so make sure you have enough storage space on your device before downloading.”
- “I wish there were more controller customization options available. It would be great to have more control over button layout and sensitivity.”
- “I encountered a few bugs and crashes during gameplay. Hopefully, the developers can address these issues in future updates.”
3.4. GRID Autosport (Racing)
GRID Autosport provides a realistic racing experience, complete with a wide array of cars and tracks. It offers different difficulty settings and disciplines like Touring, Endurance, and Drift. The addition of controller support enhances the driving experience, giving players precise control over their vehicle’s speed and direction.
- “The graphics are amazing, and the controller support really enhances the racing experience.”
- “The range of cars and tracks is impressive. The controller support makes it feel like a console game.”
- “The game is a bit resource-intensive.”
- “It drains the battery quickly.”
3.5. The Elder Scrolls: Blades (RPG)
The Elder Scrolls: Blades offers a slice of Bethesda’s popular RPG series. The game offers an immersive storyline, exciting combat, and a city-building feature. The controller support adds depth to the combat, enabling players to have better control in fights.
- “The controller support adds an extra layer of immersion. It feels more like a console Elder Scrolls game.”
- “The storyline is engaging, and the combat is more enjoyable with a controller.”
- “The game can feel grindy at times.”
- “There are occasional bugs, especially during city building.”
4. Controller Options for Android Gaming
To take your mobile gaming experience to the next level, consider investing in a controller. Here, we delve into various controller options that cater to different preferences, whether you’re after console familiarity, budget-friendly options, or portability.
4.1 Console Controllers
These controllers will be familiar to console gamers and offer a comfortable transition to mobile gaming.
- Xbox Wireless Controller: This controller, known for its ergonomic design and responsive buttons, is a top choice among gamers. It connects to your Android device via Bluetooth. For pricing, consider checking the Microsoft Store or other electronics retailers.
- PS4 DualShock Controller: The DualShock controller boasts a comfortable design and a rechargeable battery. Its integrated touchpad can also enhance gameplay for certain games. You can typically find it on Sony’s official website or electronic stores.
- PS5 DualSense Controller: This controller offers haptic feedback and dynamic adaptive triggers, bringing an extra level of immersion to mobile games that support these features. Check the official PlayStation website for current pricing.
4.2 Budget-friendly Controllers
These controllers are suitable for gamers on a budget but still offer a great gaming experience.
- SteelSeries Stratus Duo: This controller offers a balance between cost and functionality, featuring clickable joysticks, home and back buttons for easy navigation, and a lithium-ion battery for extended play. You can often find it on Amazon or the official SteelSeries website.
- 8Bitdo SN30 Pro: Known for its retro design and affordability, the SN30 Pro is compatible with Android devices and many other platforms. It also features rumble vibration and motion controls. Check out 8Bitdo’s official website or Amazon for pricing details.
4.3 Portable Controllers
These controllers are designed with portability in mind, ideal for gaming on the go.
- Razer Kishi: This telescopic controller fits around your Android device, offering a Switch-like experience. Its compact design makes it perfect for gaming on the go. Check Razer’s official website or electronics retailers for pricing.
- GameSir F2 Grip: Unlike traditional controllers, the GameSir F2 Grip is not a standalone controller but a grip that holds your phone. It is ultra-portable, making your gaming more comfortable during long sessions. Visit the official GameSir website or online marketplaces like Amazon for pricing.
Remember to check each controller’s compatibility with your device and the games you wish to play before purchasing. Prices can vary based on the retailer, location, and any ongoing sales or promotions. Always refer to official websites or trusted electronics retailers for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
- Do all Android games support controller input? No, not all Android games have controller support. Check the game’s description on the Google Play Store or the game’s official website to confirm.
- Can I use my PS4/Xbox controller with my Android device? Yes, most modern Bluetooth-enabled gaming controllers, including those for the PS4 and Xbox, can be used with Android devices.
- Is using a controller considered cheating? No, using a controller is not considered cheating. It’s a personal preference and can enhance the gaming experience for some users.
- Which Android games can be played using a controller? Numerous Android games allow for controller use, including but not limited to Minecraft, Fortnite, GRID Autosport, and Call of Duty Mobile. For any game, it’s best to check its specific details or settings for confirmation on controller support.
- Are there any free Android games that support controllers? Yes, a number of free Android games offer controller support, including titles like Fortnite and Call of Duty Mobile. The specifics of controller support may vary by game, so it’s advised to check each game’s details or settings.
- Is it possible to play all Android games with a controller? Not all Android games support controller use. The option for controller support depends on whether the game’s developers have integrated such a feature. It’s advisable to check a particular game’s details to see if it supports controller use.
- Can I play mobile GTA with a controller? The official mobile versions of Grand Theft Auto, including GTA III, Vice City, and San Andreas, support game controllers.
- Does PUBG Mobile offer controller support? PUBG Mobile did not officially support controllers.
- Can I use a controller with Call of Duty Mobile? Indeed, Call of Duty Mobile is compatible with certain controllers. In the game’s settings, there’s an option to enable controller support and adjust the layout to your preference.
Android mobile gaming has reached new heights with controller support, bringing console-like experience right into your hands. Whether you’re into shooters, racing, or RPGs, there’s a controller-supported Android game for you.
Remember, while controllers can enhance gameplay for certain games, they’re not a necessity for all. It largely depends on the game genre and your personal preference. Happy gaming!
We would like to kindly inform you that the information provided above has been gathered from the Google Play Store. Our intention was to present it in a user-friendly manner after conducting extensive analysis. It is important to note that the data is current as of the year 2023, and the views of the games may evolve in the future based on individual performance. Furthermore, all the images utilized in this presentation have been sourced from the Google Play Store, and we do not claim any ownership or credibility for them. Our primary objective is to simplify and present the information in a clear and presentable manner for our valued readers.
I would like to thank google play store for letting us read and analyse the game apps from there store. we are also thankful for the Images that we taken from them.